Monday, May 11, 2009

Mommy......

Can you wipe me? That is how I am woken up most mornings. You would think that I am used to this already....I've been through this 3 times before!

My youngest is still too little to take care of herself in the bathroom. So the "can you wipe meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?" question is still happening here. It also seems to happen at dinner also, but that is better for me because my husband is home. All I have to do is give him the "look" and he gets up to take care of it.

Why is it that I couldn't wait for them to say mommy when they are babies, but when they start saying it, it becomes so grating on my nerves?

Just when I am ready to throw in the towel, my youngest will come over and give me a hug and say, "I love you mommy" in the most loving way! I am convinced that those moments are the ones that have kept her from being sent to the gypsies!

"Mommy ......where is my homework sheet?" Is the question I was asked morning, by my 12 year old son. How was I supposed to know? (I thought) It turns out that I did know....I threw it out by accident. Oh, well.....better than being woken up to help in the bathroom.....

5 comments:

  1. Does your husband wash his hands WITH SOAP after he has tushy duty? Do you?
    I enjoyed this, because my Sarah just yells, "I'M FINISHED!"
    I like how your blog is set up! Yasher Koach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you got me laughing this morning darlin! And thanks for the love on my blog - it helps knowing someone else has been through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is those moment of sweet tenderness from our children that make it all worth while.
    Love the name of your blog.
    I am over from SITS to say Hi!
    You were above me on roll call.
    Have a wonderful rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I remember that call from the bathroom. I, too, had little patience for it. It will pass soon enough, but I can't say you will miss it! Passing through from sits :)

    ReplyDelete