Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Giving and Taking


I love manicures. I just don't like the fact that another person is doing the work. I know it sounds silly....that's the point right? Manicures are supposed to be special because it is done for you. It's a luxury....well, I just feel so uncomfortable about it. I know that this is their job...it just feels wrong to be sitting like a queen on her throne while someone else is cleaning the dirt from my nails!
I don't get them done very often at all...I can count on one hand the amount of times I have had a manicure or pedicure. Besides the cost, it just makes me so uncomfortable being the one getting polished...maybe I should be the one giving manicures instead of taking them.
There are two kinds of people in the world, givers and takers. I prefer to be a giver...It feels so wrong to me to be a taker. All day, every day I am a giver..so one would think that maybe once every 2 years I could indulge a little and be a taker and get my nails done. I mean, I am paying for it, it's not like I'm a moocher and getting it for free!! Although the one I just got was for free(for me at least it was)my friend had a gift certificate! I paid a nice tip too!
I am uncomfortable with cleaning help as well...especially when they're PREGNANT!! I kid you not...there she was on her hands and knees with her tummy hanging low washing my floor. I felt badly firing her because she needed the money..but I couldn't be a part of that anymore. I almost asked her if she needed me to come and clean her house! I have more cleaning lady stories for another day.
I will end with this: I'd take a giver any day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment